Cache Pages
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Cache Pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Cache Pages Reply with quote

Apologies if this posting appears in the wrong Forum, I haven't been able to find a suitable place to ask my question.

I am inspired to improve my cache pages having spent some time surfing around several, as one does, and come across lovely drawings, backgrounds and even music.

I have managed to work out how to add a background image, but I haven't been able to add music, I have two problems, one I don't have my own website, and presume I would need somewhere that could host the files, secondly what code would I use to imbed the file. I did read somewhere that at one time there were going to investigations to see if images could be stored on Geox - any news on this. And any ideas on improving my cache pages would be welcome.
Scotsbob
Founder member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well once you've found somewhere to upload your music or pics to add this line which I noticed on Billy Twigger"s page "The Warriors"
<bgsound src="http://premium.uploadit.org/btwigger/Grandstand.mid" loop="5">
Changing... premium.uploadit.org/btwigger to where you store your music, and the title.... Grandstand.mid to whatever yours is called,
finally if you want the music to loop a certain number of times change the 5.

BT put this in his Short Description section

and hopefully all will be well.
yob kulcha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Pages Reply with quote

Tooey wrote:

I am inspired to improve my cache pages having spent some time surfing around several, as one does, and come across lovely drawings, backgrounds and even music.

Don't do the music thing, I implore you. There are fewer things more intrusive and irritating than someone else's taste in music suddenly and unexpectedly spurting out of your speakers. Leave it as an option.
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Pages Reply with quote

yob kulcha wrote:
Don't do the music thing, I implore you. There are fewer things more intrusive and irritating than someone else's taste in music suddenly and unexpectedly spurting out of your speakers. Leave it as an option.

Seconded.

-Wlw
Tooey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbsup ok point taken. I must admit after reading the first paragraph of the description I go for the mute button myself, but I did find Billy Twiggers choice for Capt. Sparrow's Treasure and The Warriors very amusing, albeit briefly !
crazy Frog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I picked up Haggis Hunter's The EGGJector I really liked it.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=47d9e379-3508-465e-ba76-3e7cd8721665

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GPS nuts & bolts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: