folder file path
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

folder file path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plymgeocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: folder file path Reply with quote

Hi hope some one can help, ive downloaded all the zip files for the contour maps and created a new empty folder in programme files but as im not a whizz with computers how do u create a new folder path? (C:\Program Files\Garmin\contours v2) ive tried but no success.

Thanks for any help.
dick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the guide to installation by wildlifewriter at this location http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mcmichael/contourmanual/ ? If you have and are still having problems please let us know at which point you require assistance so that hopefully we can assist.
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're halfway there already.

If are using City Select 7, there'll already be a folder C:\Program Files\Garmin.

If not, never mind....

Find the new folder you managed to create in "Program Files". (It'll be named "New Folder")

Right-mouse-click on it, and take the option Rename. Name the folder "Garmin". Now create another new one in "Garmin", and rename it "Contours v2". (That space before the "v2" is important.)

Now proceed with the installation, as described. Any problems, post a query here and we'll try to help.

-Wlw
plymgeocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the help created a new file path successfully, but before i install yes i am using city select 7 and the new city navigator 8. I can't see these folders in the programme files drop down menu if i find it can i install it straight into there?

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> SMC contour maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: