Membership categories
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Membership categories
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decisive Twins
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Membership categories Reply with quote

Jack Aubrey wrote:

That goes for me, too. At the moment there's really only two kinds of people here - those who have climbed Kilimajaro and those who haven't.! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Not that I'm envious or anything......

We think we all should just be members, plain and ordinary. The different statuses we've observed on other forums/fora just seem to cause problems.

and by the way, the categories should be those who have climbed Kili and those who have yet to climb! Cool Cool

sorry if we've offended anyone about our enthusiasm about our kili ascent, it was just something were quite excited about it when we came back (on a bit of a high so to speak); just be thankful that you've not had to endure the photos!
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Membership categories Reply with quote

Decisive Twins wrote:
sorry if we've offended anyone about our enthusiasm about our kili ascent, it was just something were quite excited about it when we came back (on a bit of a high so to speak); just be thankful that you've not had to endure the photos!

I'm in negotiations with our hosting company to see if they can provide an image gallery facility.

The idea being that forum members can upload images to the server, caption them, comment on them, etc. This wouldn't be part of the forum layout itself, but associated with it.

Something similar to this service.

-Wlw.
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Membership categories Reply with quote

Decisive Twins wrote:

I don't think you have offended anyone, I would hazard a guess that people (myself included) are rather envious that you have managed such a feat.
I see that you logged the virtual at the top. How about posting some of your best pictures on there, and we can view from that? I for one, would love to see the pics.

Jacobite
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, let's see the pics...............please.

Jacobite.
Jack Aubrey
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Membership categories Reply with quote

Decisive Twins wrote:

sorry if we've offended anyone about our enthusiasm about our kili ascent,

And I'm sorry if I gave the impression of being offended. Absolutely not! It was a great thing to do and I completely understand your enthusiasm. I was just being silly - or attempting it, anyway. (I do that, I'm afraid.)

Daft Jack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that creating a "founder member" category is a mistake because it helps to foster a clique mentality whilst a system which recognises frequent posters will simply encourage those who like the sound of their own keyboard way too much. Can we not all be members.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site News & Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: