PQ problem in GSAK?
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

PQ problem in GSAK?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yob kulcha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: PQ problem in GSAK? Reply with quote

I ran a PQ for the Great Glen Way and received it today. GSAK accepted the file and announced that the database was updated but none of the caches are actually in there. I eventually resorted to downloading the individual GPX files.

Any thoughts?
HighlandNick
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: PQ problem in GSAK? Reply with quote

yob kulcha wrote:
I ran a PQ for the Great Glen Way and received it today.

Did you check the PQ contents manually on GC first - its very easy to get a file delivered that actually doesn't contain any gpx data!!
After you have selected your PQ search criteria and the PQ has been run, you get this message on the New PQ page:
Thanks! Your query has been generated. You can run the search on the nearest cache page.
Running the search (by clicking on the link) will show you, online, what your PQ email gpx file will contain.
GSAK will try to load an empty file and will not tell you that you have made a mistake with the original PQ selection criteria.
yob kulcha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Thanks for the pointers Nick. I'm in the habit of just dragging and dropping the files into GSAK from my email without looking at them. I had a closer look and this file wasn't the PQ I thought it was, but one that I had run previously. I must have ticked the wrong box or something.

Once again, thanks for your time - it's much appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GPS nuts & bolts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: