Adding roads and tracks to SMC Contour Maps
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Adding roads and tracks to SMC Contour Maps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
william m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Adding roads and tracks to SMC Contour Maps Reply with quote

I wanted to add geographic features to my Contours v2 maps so I calibrated aerial photos and maps in OxiExplorer, opened these in GPSmapEdit and traced out paths, roads and other features.
I set the map properties e.g levels etc. to be the same as Contours V2, saved the map as a polish format .mp file and then converted it to a .img file using cGPSmapper.
I then opened this .img file in GPSMapEdit, selected all objects and copied them to the clipboard. I opened the contours v2 map of the region of interest (14206054 in this case) and pasted the features onto it. I then saved it in turn as a .mp file and reconverted it to a .img file with cGPSmapper.
So far so good. I can now see my new features as part of the contours V2 map in Mapsource. However when I try to download the file to my Garmin 60cX it puts up the error message 'this map file is 2.7mB and there is only 966mB left in my (1G) card. Any suggestions for a fix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> SMC contour maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: