New GB topo Garmin MapSource product
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

New GB topo Garmin MapSource product

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edog2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: New GB topo Garmin MapSource product Reply with quote

Hi all -

I've just noticed this on the Garmin website - is this new? Anybody know anything about it?
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topogb.jsp
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New GB topo Garmin MapSource product Reply with quote

edog2006 wrote:
Hi all -

I've just noticed this on the Garmin website - is this new? Anybody know anything about it?
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topogb.jsp

We've known about it for some time. The last thread regarding it was HERE.

-Wlw
GSV3MiaC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never - I've actually got a copy .. it's pretty damn good on roads, contours (exactly same as OS 1:25k mapping - even the same gaps!) and streams, plus POIs. It sucks, badly, on Rights of Way (not shown) or access land (ditto). There are paths and tracks but you need latest firmware (for 76/60C etc.) to display them, and they imply no ROW, so are pretty much useless for walking.

It was on sale at wiggle (www.wiggle.co.uk) for £120 in June - up to £135 now. If you don't haev roadmaps for your garmin, and you are happy with UK only, then this is a nice product. Would be nicer if they'd give us ROWs.

fwiw the tiles are 1/4 degree square (at least the oens I looked at) and run out at about 3MB per tile on average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> SMC contour maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: