An open letter to Donnacha McCartan
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

An open letter to Donnacha McCartan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: An open letter to Donnacha McCartan Reply with quote

Donnacha,

Some weeks ago, you told me that you had considered closing down the Geocaching Ireland forum in August last year. I am writing to you now, with the suggestion that you SHOULD close it down - and as soon as possible.

Twice in the past year, material posted to your forum has almost caused our hobby in Ireland to be brought to a standstill. You have allowed a tiny group of vociferous hotheads - some of whom are not even Irish - to bring geocaching here into disrepute, while giving the erroneous impression that these people represent the views of Irish geocachers as a whole. You have also attempted to suppress any comment which contests the extremist views being expressed by this small minority.

In the light of recent events, it must now be obvious to everyone that your position, and that of the other GI forum leaders, is untenable.

Since you cannot run your forum properly, I believe that you should cease to run it at all.

Regards,

-Wlw
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a reply to the e-mail above is received, the text of it will appear here - in full and unedited.]

Added: 8/2/06:-

No reply - so it looks like my advice won't be heeded. Which in turn means... that the same nonsense is going happen all over again.

Buckle up, people...

... s'gonna be a bumpy ride. Smile

-Wlw

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: