Silent Witness (2)
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Silent Witness (2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Silent Witness (2) Reply with quote

At my time of life, I never thought to see it - 400 by an Irish resident cacher...

... In fact, by TWO Irish resident cachers. It must have taken a bit of doing and it certainly should be commented on. For the benefit of those who haven't met them, who ARE these hard-caching stat-hounds...?

The Windsockers Real name: Steve Age: Getting on a bit Location: Dublin (-ish) Vehicle Mitusbishi L200 Work: Not a lot Other hobbies: Trucking Finds to date: 402

Kili of Bust Real name: Sean Age: No spring chicken Location: Dublin Vehicle Toyota Rav4 Work: Hardly any Other hobbies: Almost climbing Kilimanjaro Finds to date: 402

As with all the best "numbers runs", this one has been as close as a very close thing for some time, so it was no surprise that the pair of them teamed up for one last sweep through N.I. in pursuit of the magic total.

Lest there be any question about it, they didn't take the option of merely bagging the easy ones. Early doors yesterday, they were on the steep-but-spectacular GCEEE4 - Paddy's Volcanic View, which must have woken them up in no uncertain terms. It's also worth recording that - on the same day - they found the gloomy and accursed GCF35E - Lob Wedge To The Sea- which has defied previous attempts (except one) to find it, for eighteen months.

So well done to the pair of them - an extraordinary achievement. Beers

-Wlw.
Firth of Forth
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great achievement boys! Well done! Applause

And excellent that you reached the milestone together rather than in competition.
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done indeed
the windsockers
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for you kind words Very Happy

yes I have to say it was an adventure I was planning on hitting the 200 mark this year but with a few visits to different off roading events in place’s like Wales I clocked up plenty of finds.
Making my 300 find near were it all started at Silverstone race track,
Due to the ferry strike I stayed over a few extra days and that put me onto the road for the 400 after teaming up on a successful run with Kili or Bust a few weeks ago we were evenly matched in numbers so after a call from Sean to say how about another Dash up north I jumped at the chance.
As Paul has pointed out some of the caches were not that easy and I for one was a little puffed out after paddy’s volcanoes (alright I was done in) but I had a great time even caching in the dark one cache we done has appeared in some fantastic photo’s on this forum but I have to say it changes at night and becomes very spooky.
There’s no plans for anymore mad no of finds in the coming year what I hope to do is create some.

Once again thanks for you comments from Sean and Myself hope you all have a Merry Xmas and a Caching New Year

Steve (The Windsockers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: