Backmuir Bakes: Cachers and Cakes
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Backmuir Bakes: Cachers and Cakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Wolf
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Backmuir Bakes: Cachers and Cakes Reply with quote

Backmuir Bakes: Cachers and Cakes!

This is an open event on Sunday 23rd October, by Elora, JMc, Big Wolf and The Woodland Trust kicking off at 11am until approx 3.30pm, with the aim of showing locals the fun of geocaching. There will be a short trail of temporary non-loggable caches for this purpose with a maximum distance of1.5km suitable for youngsters. (If you didn’t collect a capercaillie at Formonthills, now is your chance).

In total we expect that there will be around 75+ new caches published for this event in both the wood and surounding area.

All caches should be published at some point on Wed 19th October to give suficient time to plan your route.....
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W Very Happy W That's a lot of caches for a day event. Looks like I will have to plan on coming back Mr. Green I am hoping to be there, it all depends on whether I have my car or not?
Big Wolf
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news!

We can confirm that 75 caches have now been reviewed and are expected to be published some time before midnight on Wed 19th. Yes, this sounds a lot however, the cache setters have been busy, and we are now expecting over 90+ in total to be published.

To give everyone the heads up, we will shortly be publishing a link to an interactive map to give you all some idea where the caches are to help you plan your day.

The link to the map will be added to the cache page and should be up and running at some point this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: