Water of Leith caches
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Water of Leith caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Water of Leith caches Reply with quote

Does anyone have a rough idea how long it would take to walk collecting caches on the way from Balerno to Gorgie Road?

Have a caching friend visiting edinburgh in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to work out what we can fit in around my school pickups/drop offs back in fife on the day we are meeting up.
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been so long since I walked the whole route, and even then I've not done all the caches whilst walking the whole route. It's about 6 miles, so that in itself will take about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, add 5 - 10 minutes for each cache and you have your rough time? Some of the multi's do go back the wrong way.

If you park up at Balerno and then stop at Under the Boardwalk you can catch the No.44 bus from Slateford (the main road you cross to get to the cache) back to Balerno. Lothian bus is £1.30 correct change required.

I appreciate that you may already have known that, but it was just in case.
JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers HH.

Will see what we can achieve, think YGK will maybe having a day off nursery that day, didn't think we would manage the whole stretch and be back in time.

I prob would have known the bus no. once I had looked up, but we should have 2 cars so may leave one at each end for ease.

And also we might need some equipment for a certain puzzle one at the Gorgie rd end Smile so can leave anything we feel me may need in the boot of the closest vehicle to that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: