Permission for a geocache in Aberdeen city
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Permission for a geocache in Aberdeen city

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucantoni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Permission for a geocache in Aberdeen city Reply with quote

Hi fellow geocachers:)

I was asked by a geocache reviewer to get a permission for cache in a nature reserve inside the Aberdeen city and I was wondering if anyone could tell me who people have contacted previously with matters like this?

I already send an email to the Countryside Officer for Environmental Services in the Aberdeen City. I also send an email to Aberdeen City Council Countryside Ranger Service or at least the email that was on the Ranger Service Winter Events 10/11 leaflet. But I havent heard anything back from them.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice,

Lucantoni
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum. It would appear as though the people you are trying to contact in the first instance are good choices. I usually find that finding out their details and phoning them gets a better response than emails. Emails are easy to ignore, not so easy if you are actually speaking to the person. Be prepared to explain what caching is and also be prepared to be asked about caches that may already be on their property which doesn't have permission. I've been bitten by that one and got an awful slating due to a cache getting archived.

If you like you can quote that Historic Scotland Ranger Service for Holyrood allow caches within Holyrood park (SSSI), Beecraigs and Blackness. Historic Scotland Edinburgh Castle also have allowed 2 caches within their SSSI as well. Most of these caches have been around for a long time with high geocaching traffic and are in sensitive areas, and the management are happy that they are there.

I hope that is some help.
Lucantoni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Haggis Hunter.

Got a reply from the Aberdeen City Council Countryside Ranger Service few hours after posting here and they said they would forward it to the right person:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: