New iPhone app
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

New iPhone app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotsbob
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: New iPhone app Reply with quote

An app is now available for the iPhone which allows you to do Whereigo caches, it's called Pigo and is available on Itunes.
guybles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been itching to try a Wherigo cache for a while, so snapped this up and dragged myself up Arthur's Seat for The Lost World.

Alas, I got stuck at the fourth waypoint, when it would allow me to perform one of the tasks. I knew exactly what I was supposed to do, it just wouldn't let me.

That said, I filed a bug report with the developer, who played with the cartridge himself and identified the error - an updated version should be with the App Store soon.

The App itself is fairly simple but seems to respond just fine to the cartridge (notwithstanding the above). I look forward to seeing how this develops over time.
HighlandNick
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also just downloaded Pigo from the App store but there are no Wherigo cartridges for up here (save Play Anywhere cartridges)
Having just returned from Edinburgh and Perth it would have been good to try it out before I came home. Crying or Very sad

The Lost World is one cache I would have liked specifically to have tried it on, having had varied success with both a PocketPC and the cache setters own Oregon!
I do know that FoF reports that some have suceeded whilst others haven't. Personally, I found that I had the most problems "on the plateau" - I'm not sure if that is the same place that you report - no doubt you will report if you manage to get further on with the new app version?
Maiawalli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last! I've been looking for a wherigo app for ages and now there is one. I'm really looking forward to having a go at these. The Lost World and Harrys son are both near us, but until now we've not been able to do them. Hopefully we can get another couple of smilies on the map! Thanks for letting us know about the app.

Maiawalli.
chizu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you save progress using the app? I understand this is important for Harrison's Treasure.
dunk090

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried this on my 3GS but unfortunately it crashes out on the first location for Harry's Son. Lost World does seem to get further.

Harry's Son is my nearest unfound "cache" so here's hoping it will work sometime soon.
guybles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiGo has now been updated, with many fixes (presumably covering various wherigos that broke it before (the developer claimed he had resolved the problem with The Lost World, but that's not to say it won't fail again later on).

However, I haven't tested it any further, so don't take my word for it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: