Please read as opinions are requested
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Refi

Bookmark this site!
Please read as opinions are requested

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deceangi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Please read as opinions are requested Reply with quote

Please note that this is entirely unofficial at the moment, and has not been made on behalf of Groundspeak!

I have posted the following topic on Groundspeaks UK forum http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=241030 requesting peoples opinions on the name of "Needs Archiving" Logs.

And asking if people believe this name results in more angst. And for suggestions for a less antagonistic name.

As there is a possibility that the topic will be brought to the attention of Groundspeak. Would anyone who wishes to post a opinion do so in the Topic on Groundspeaks Forum. Otherwise it will mean having to copy and paste comments on Off Groundspeaks forum into a single post on there. Which would mean me obtaining peoples permission to do so.

Please do not feel that this is stopping discussions on this forum, just a need for a copy of all comments to be in a place where Groundspeak will read them

Dec
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted this on the other thread as requested.

If you report something on the forum, no one other than you and the Mods know who made the report, and the Mods tend to deal with any reports as if they noticed what was wrong.
So why not have a neutral sounding name for a private report to go to the reviewers. They can then take a look, if action is required they can deal with it, if not then no one is any the wiser, and I suspect it will get used a lot more as it is anonymous.

Failing that, I prefer "Needs Reviewer Attention" it doesn't sound confusing and isn't as confrontational, but I still think it will cause grief and angst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: