Stovies event 3rd October
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Stovies event 3rd October

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allieballie
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Stovies event 3rd October Reply with quote

Have just added the following note to the cache page for this event - posting it here too in case anyone is interested.

26 new caches have been set for this event - 14 on the walk to, and around West Lomond, 9 drive bys on nearby roads and 3 on Falkland Estate. Due to the high number of new caches on the hill (which will take a good few hours to complete!), rather than provide refreshments when you come back from the walk, we thought that some of you might like to join us afterwards for an evening meal at the Strath Tavern in Strathmiglo.

If you would like to do this please could you let me know either via email or via a note on this cache page. I would like to give the landlady a rough idea of how many people might want to eat there that night. The plan at present is to make your way to the pub between about 6pm and 7pm, with a view to eating at about 7pm. The landlady is also going to provide us with a shorter version of their main course menu from which we can choose in advance what we would like. You would be able to pick any sweet from their normal bar menu. If we choose in advance we will be able to get food at a reduced rate (is that right Pete?!), so if I can get an idea of who would like to go then that would be great in terms of getting this organised.

If you can't make it to the event itself but would like to come for the meal afterwards then that's fine too - just let me know so that I can count you in! The constant problem with organising events and things like this is that there are always people who turn up unexpectedly. Whilst everyone is of course more than welcome to come to the Stovies event itself, it does mean that if a load of people then decide to join us back at the pub without us having known in advance, then we can't guarantee that you will then be able to join us for the meal.

So....have a think and please let us know if you would like to join us in the evening. Thankyou.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: