Deja vu all over again
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Deja vu all over again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Deja vu all over again Reply with quote

Those members who have followed this forum since its inception may (or may not) recall that I managed to break my left arm while climbing Slieve Donard, a couple of years ago.

Not content with this feat, I can now announce that – without even leaving home – I have been and went and gone and done it again.

You might think that equipping a flat with stairs, when it's occupied by a notoriously clumsy and unco-ordinated old git is just asking for trouble – and you'd be right...

(A gruesome and unnecessarily detailed account of the horrific accident has been deleted at this point. -Admin.)

Thanks to the efforts of the A&E staff at Lagan Valley Hospital (one of the best in the province – which presumably is why Government has been trying to close it for five years) the shattered remains were put back in some kind of order and it's hoped that surgery – pins, plates, self-tapping screws, etc - will not be required.

However, thanks to the usual rule of one damn thing following another, these investigations at the hospital have thrown up an additional and unrelated problem which will need to be corrected. The timescale for this is unpredictable. Please contact Nick (GxADMIN2) with any day-to-day forum problems or membership issues.

I'll be back...

-Wlw
Scotsbob
Founder member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye , another of these buggers determined to get their money's worth out the Health Service.
Bang goes any trips(LOL)involving airport scanners.

Just kidding. Sorry to hear about your accident.
Get well soon
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Paul, for some reason only 2 days ago I was thinking about you and the time you broke your arm. I hope I haven't jinxed you?
yob kulcha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a damn shame, Paul. Hope you're back on your feet...er...I mean hands...no that's not right either...

...get well soon Thumbsup
Firth of Forth
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that, Paul. I well remember the first occasion! Get better soon!
HighlandNick
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been "out of action" myself for the last 5 or six weeks - although I have actually managed to do a few caches during that time.
I have been "PC less" due to moving house and reconnection issues - logging of caches has been done furtively at work when time has allowed.
However I am - as of today - been connected again.
Anyone who wishes to contact me can do so via PM if they want the full story!! - or by my mobile if you are unlucky enough to have my number.
Big Wolf
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled across this thread (no pun intended) and sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hope the worst has now passed and that its a bit more bearable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site News & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: