If you've got to have one, have a big one
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

If you've got to have one, have a big one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: If you've got to have one, have a big one Reply with quote

This is just a personal whinge, so there's no need to bother reading all (or indeed any) of it...

As of even date, there are two things about Irish caching which are getting on my wick. (This is an improvement from five or even six things a few months ago, so we're making progress.)

One of the things is tiny caches.

I don't mean micros - micros have their place, sort of. I'm talking about small caches, which appear in the traditional category. The ones I've been finding just recently are micros in everything but name - boxes so inadequate that...

... you can't get any TB larger than the top joint of a human thumb, in there.

... the log is a folded sheet of paper, and inevitably looks like something the cat dragged in.

... the most interesting swap item one could leave, would be the top joint of a human thumb.

... there's no cover sheet or explanatory note, because the owner couldn't even fit THAT in.

Now don't get me wrong: small size boxes have their place too - I've got a couple out there myself, where nothing else would do. But this new crop are hidden in settings where a 1.5litre tab-lock, with all the trimmings, could have been concealed with ease.

If any of the new breed of Irish players ever visit my "Tipperary Wood" multi, it's going to freak them out.

-Wlw.
Big Wolf
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely there is some gc.com guidance as to what is regular and what is a micro.

Someone told me once that size was a relative thing.
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guidance note when selecting the cache size. the problem is that unless anything is stated on the cache page, there is no way the approvers can tell what size the container is.

I am with Paul, there is no need to hide a micro if a 1 litre tub is going to fit in the location.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: