Can Contours V2 be used with Garmin preprogrammed SD cards?
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Can Contours V2 be used with Garmin preprogrammed SD cards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajd1969

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Can Contours V2 be used with Garmin preprogrammed SD cards? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Has anybody found a way to use the contour maps with Garmin preprogrammed MicroSD cards?

I have downloaded Contours V2 and tried to install contour maps on a Garmin GPS Map 60CSX on which I have City Navigator V9 on a MicroSD Card (i.e. a Garmin preprogrammed Micro SD Card). Doing so erased City Navigator V9 (luckily I had a backup copy). Garmin maps purchased on preprogrammed SD / Micro SD Cards cannot be uploaded to PC using Mapsource, so there seems to be no way of combining the City Navigtor map with the contour maps.

I tried combining them with IMG2GPS (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mdipol/img2gps/), but only one or the other appeared (depending on whether the AUTO or File / Folder setting was selected in that program) - not both.

Any suggestions?
Scotsbob
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened with mine, one overwrote the other, thankfully not a disaster, but I think I asked the same question will look for the answer for you

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> SMC contour maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: