Direction / Distance display on WM5 PDA with inbuilt GPS?
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Direction / Distance display on WM5 PDA with inbuilt GPS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Padawans

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Direction / Distance display on WM5 PDA with inbuilt GPS? Reply with quote

So, we decided to splash out on a new toy... A wee PDA with built in GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, kitchen sink (ok, there I'm joking)...

Along with this, we also bought TomTom software. This allows us to set a destination using lat/long coords and navigate to it. The navigation is (as you'd expect) on roads, but there is a small compass needle and distance display that indicates the direction and distance to the destination. Trouble is the small compass display is exactly that: "small", not as big and clear as many of us (ok, Mr P) would like to see.
So, my request:

Does anyone know of a PDA application (Windoze Mobile 5) that will take coordinates and display me a nice large compass and direction indication (accuracy would be good too!) on the PDA's screen using the inbuilt GPS which is sending NMEA data?

Gee, I hope that's not all gobbledigook Very Happy
dino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cachemate with CacheNav plugin (although I've never got it working myself) or BeeLine GPS (a bit pricey but the trial never seems to run out!)
ghiribizzo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoscout is ideal for operating off cache pages directly, includes OS maps. Compass, bearing heading all on the app.
The Padawans

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have cachemate installed on the PDA, but unfortunately I could only find the compass "plugin" for PalmOS not for WM5 Sad

So I downloaded GeoScout and have been trying that. Thanks Ghiribizzo for the help getting that up and running.

Quite impressed with GeoScout (not to mention the expert help from Ghiribizzo Wink)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GPS nuts & bolts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: