Wildlifewriter Installation Guide
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Wildlifewriter Installation Guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Wildlifewriter Installation Guide Reply with quote

Following on from Plymgeocatcher's problems I have been looking at the installation guide. On page 2 the alternative registry fix for earlier versions of Windows is still for the v1 version of Contours I believe. Would you please have a look and update if you think fit. The link to Luke Mallett's mirror site should also be deleted as it is now out of date.

Also under "Using the REG files:" SMC file is now Contours V2.reg not contours.reg
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out.

I hadn't appreciated the issue with the registry file, but will make the corrections suggested within the next 24 hours.

-Paul
barryhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a nice new shiny GPSr and am trying to get the maps installed, however having an issue getting them to transfer... (I continue to ponder this and if still an issue will start a seperate thread.) - Edit: solved, pure stupidity hadnt downloaded the correct tiles for the area was trying to upload Laughing

Anyway I rembered this guide hoping a critial step might be missed, but no longer seem to be able to find it? The hosting just says it not found. If its an issue with hosting I will willingly host a copy, if someone can send me a copy.
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryhunter wrote:
Anyway I rembered this guide hoping a critial step might be missed, but no longer seem to be able to find it? The hosting just says it not found. If its an issue with hosting I will willingly host a copy, if someone can send me a copy.

Thanks Barry - and apologies to those interested for not attending to the guide much earlier. This delay was due to (33 lines of pathetic temporizing excuses were deleted here -Admin)

The guide is now available online again, HERE.

-Wlw

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> SMC contour maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: