GPS Purchase
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

GPS Purchase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seacon
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: GPS Purchase Reply with quote

I need to buy Five Garmin Etrex Venture GPS receivers and 5 Cigarette Lighter Adaptor leads to match.
The best prices I can obtain are £114 each (incl VAT) for the GPSr and £27 each for the Garmin branded Cigarette Lighter adaptor (even though I purchased a non Garmin branded lead for my own use via Ebay for around £12).
As these purchases are for a work/business use I don't want to use the Ebay route. Would prefer to send a purchase order to a reputable UK company.

Can anyone suggest where I might obtain a better price than the above, particularly as I will be purchasing five receivers?

Thanks
Seacon
markandlynn
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leads from http://pc-mobile.net/ are good value but they are based in china have used then and they were reliable.
Cant remember the gps people is it globalpositioningsystems.co.uk or somat like that ??
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about speaking to Garmin direct, you may get a deal, espescially if you think there may be more trade that will go there way if all goes well.
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haggis Hunter wrote:
How about speaking to Garmin direct, you may get a deal, espescially if you think there may be more trade that will go there way if all goes well.

Garmin (in Europe) are very poor at responding to requests like this.

They wouldn't even lend us units for an event at the BA Festival of Science 2005 - even though it would have been top-drawer publicity for them.

Globalpositioning might be worth a touch for discount, though - no harm in asking... Smile If I was buying five units in one order, I'd expect something to be knocked off the bill. (Or the leads for free.)

Their phone number is 08453 45 42 45 Website: http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/index.php

-Wlw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: