Team Ullium
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Team Ullium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Twigger
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Team Ullium Reply with quote

I called in on Bill and Angela on my way home to hand in the card that everyone signed at the SGDO. Bill was awake and I was able to just sit with him for a while. He's suffering terribly, but despite that was keen to hear how everyone was getting on. He didn’t once complain about his predicament, but instead talked about how lucky he was that he had so many friends and wanted to hear about everyone’s geocaching exploits. (The only thing that he was sorry about was that he didn’t have another couple of months to do the 15 caches needed to get him up to 400!)

Angela is hoping that he'll be accepted into the Prince and Princes of Wales Hospice early next week. If he can go in, they may be able to manage his pain more effectively and make Bill more comfortable and at the same time take the weight off Angela’s shoulders. She’s really holding things together wonderfully for Bill.

It’s very difficult to know what to say to someone in Bill or Angela’s situation, but I’m pretty sure that just letting them know that we’re all thinking about them is some comfort.
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can everyone who took pictures during the whole of the SGDO today, send them onto me, I will compile them all together and send them to Bill and Angela, as he had asked me to do this.
With BT's news about the hospice it would be good to get them sent sooner rather than later.

Thank you in advance
HH
Haggis Hunter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this email off of Angela today and have permission to let you see it -

Just to let you know that Bill is being taken into the Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice tomorrow morning. I'm waiting for the nurses to come this evening and fit a morphine pump - the doctor thought it best if we had it in place before the trip in the ambulance. I'm not sure how long he'll be in for or even if he will be allowed home again.
Firth of Forth
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a sad business. I'm very glad that Bill will be well looked after, however, and give Angela a bit of well-deserved respite.

I'm sure that Bill really appreciated BT's visit, so thanks very much to him.
Flyfishermanbob
Founder member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to visit Bill this afternoon, (there are no fixed visiting times) but unfortunately Bill wasn't having a good day, so it was not to be.

If anyone was intending to pop in, the hospice suggested phoning up prior to visiting.

Slainge Bob
allieballie
Founder member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I add to FFBs post above that I received an email from Angela this afternoon saying that Bill is very tired at the moment and he has requested some visitor-free time so that he can spend some quiet time alone with Angela - just the two of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: