Caches missing from PQ's?
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Caches missing from PQ's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Ballibeg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Caches missing from PQ's? Reply with quote

Since I have been using a filter in GSAK to find archived caches I have realised there are a large number of caches missing from my PQ and from the preview of the PQ.

As my PQ's cover the UK every week I search for any cache who's last GPX date is older than 8 days, meaning its disappeared from the PQ and is therefore archived.

I haven't changed my PQ settings and so at some point these caches were in a PQ or else they would not be in my GSAK database and have a last GPX date.

If I give a few examples could folks check there databases?

I have a PQ for 5th April to 5th May 2005 looking for caches placed. The Rock Pool, GCNDHJ, hasn't been in a PQ since 14/9/2005 and yet is still going strong.

Also a PQ for July 17th to 22nd Aug 2005 hasn't shown Stone Rings Secret Spoiler being updated since 5/9/2005 and again is going strong.

Neither of these caches appears in the previews of the PQ's either. I have 202 such caches in my database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
Wildlifewriter
Founder member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PQ's cover the whole of Ireland - as yours do the UK. I've been using most of them for over a year, and I've never known caches to go "missing" in the way you describe.

On reflection, this probably doesn't help much. Sad

-Wlw.
Team Ballibeg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked in UK forum, some clues there.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=119178

Thanks for pondering,

Dave
HighlandNick
Founder member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rock Pool does not appear in my (completeish) database, but there again, I don't have any Irish caches in the database in the first place. Have you looked at the country option in your PQ set up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: