Someone holding on to TB
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Someone holding on to TB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCheekyMonkeys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Someone holding on to TB Reply with quote

Hi folks, not been on here for a while. thought i'd post for some more support!

The Cheeky Monkeys have a Travel Bug:
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=898600

It's been all over the world, and now the mission is to come home. It got to the Scottish Borders and now being held on to by a local cacher, and has been since January.

Dispite several attempts at asking i have heard nothing and there seems to be no reply at all.

Any thoughts on how to approach this?

I know it's always a risk that these go awol, but i would hate for it to go cold whilst it got so close to coming back home.

Cheers for any comments.

Gus
Original A1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, some people don't seem to realise that TBs need to be moved on, or decide they want to keep them.

However, it may be that something other than Geocaching has cropped up in their lives and they may not have had the opportunity to have moved it on (illness, etc.). They have only found 44 caches, so are relatively new to the game, but haven't logged on the site since 10th February. It looks like they had a flurry of finds between the end of December 2012 and early Feburary, and may have lost interest.

Presumably you've already e-mailed them; it's not that usual, but they might have even changed e-mail addresses - one can only speculate.

Anyway, other than that, there's not a great deal else you can do, I'm afraid.

I hope it emerges again, but as I've learned, you should release TBs with the hope but no expectation that you might ever see it again.

Good luck.

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Geocaching, more or less All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: