Garmin Folks coming to Tisos, Edinburgh, 14/12/09
Geo- for grown-ups
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   


Bookmark this site!
Garmin Folks coming to Tisos, Edinburgh, 14/12/09

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GPS nuts & bolts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Original A1
Member


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 81
Location: Auld Reekie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Garmin Folks coming to Tisos, Edinburgh, 14/12/09 Reply with quote

Sorry, meant to put this up before. I was in Tisos on Friday and saw that the nice folk from Garmin will be there (Rose Street) on Monday between 12-5pm.

Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haggis Hunter
Founder member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 2487
Location: The building site formally known as Edinburgh!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was down town today and decided to pop in, who was stood there but original A1, with a couple stood in queue. I ended up chatting to Alex, then the couple asked if we knew the solution to an Edinburgh puzzle cache, nice to meet you guilliamus5, a respectable hint was given and a good chat ensued. Well worth popping in for, wish we had made it an event Laughing
_________________
Let me know if I say anything that offends you
I might want to offend you again later Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Firth of Forth
Founder member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 1493
Location: East Lothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah! Now I know how they solved my puzzle cache!

Wink

But what were Garmin doing in the shop??
_________________
Utterly smitten by a Captain
And now Mrs Aubrey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
guilliamus5
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 1
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Tiso Reply with quote

Good to meet you both in Tiso. I am a novice cacher and need all the help I can get. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't realised you all know each other.
Small world.

Guilliamus5
_________________
Guilliamus5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Firth of Forth
Founder member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 1493
Location: East Lothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiso Reply with quote

guilliamus5 wrote:
Good to meet you both in Tiso. I am a novice cacher and need all the help I can get. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't realised you all know each other.
Small world.

Guilliamus5


We only know each other through caching (with the exception of Allieballie who I knew already through work and introduced to caching) and through meeting up at geocaching events over the years. I first met Dave aka HH at the very first Scottish Geocachers' Day Out (SGDO)* in 2004 when we climbed Ben Nevis. But I have been on many fun geocaching outings with him since then (particularly our annual all-night caching trips).

*A report of which you can see here

and I still don't know what Garmin were doing in Tisos Confused
_________________
Utterly smitten by a Captain
And now Mrs Aubrey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Haggis Hunter
Founder member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 2487
Location: The building site formally known as Edinburgh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Tiso Reply with quote

Firth of Forth wrote:
I first met Dave aka HH at the very first Scottish Geocachers' Day Out (SGDO)* in 2004 when we climbed Ben Nevis. But I have been on many fun geocaching outings with him since then (particularly our annual all-night caching trips).


Obviously the first time we met wasn't actually that much fun?? Wink We first met about 3 months before the SGDO, in Aviemore at HighlandNicks event.

I'm not sure why Garmin where in Tiso, but it did appear to me as though he may have just been there to promote their product?
_________________
Let me know if I say anything that offends you
I might want to offend you again later Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Firth of Forth
Founder member


Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 1493
Location: East Lothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiso Reply with quote

Haggis Hunter wrote:
Firth of Forth wrote:
I first met Dave aka HH at the very first Scottish Geocachers' Day Out (SGDO)* in 2004 when we climbed Ben Nevis. But I have been on many fun geocaching outings with him since then (particularly our annual all-night caching trips).


Obviously the first time we met wasn't actually that much fun?? Wink We first met about 3 months before the SGDO, in Aviemore at HighlandNicks event.

I'm not sure why Garmin where in Tiso, but it did appear to me as though he may have just been there to promote their product?


Of course you are right - too long ago for my ageing brain to remember! But I do remember having difficulty keeping up with your power walking! Wink
_________________
Utterly smitten by a Captain
And now Mrs Aubrey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GPS nuts & bolts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse