Johnston Terrace Wildlife Reserve
Geo- for grown-ups

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Johnston Terrace Wildlife Reserve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
English Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Johnston Terrace Wildlife Reserve Reply with quote

A friend helps look after Johnston Terrace Wildlife Reserve for the Scottish Wildlife Trust, just by Edinburgh castle and they are having an open day this Saturday, 7 June between 10am-4pm as part of the BBC Breathing Places events programme. They would be delighted to see you if you can make it along - further details at Breathing Places.

If anyone is interesting in volunteering on the site, let me know and I will pass your details on. A small group meet on the first Sunday of the month for a couple of hours to do practical habitat management on the site. It's fun, good exercise and great to know you are helping wildlife in the city.

At present there would be no opportunities to place a cache here - but some work to the garden could help to change that.
Jacobite
Founder member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnston Terrace Wildlife Reserve, I remember it well.
I helped transform and manage it many years ago, I'll have to go back and see how it's come on.

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk
English Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for Sam and Peter and tell them I told you about it through geocaching. Sadly I can't make it as I'm heading across the border for the weekend. I hope that it turns out to be a lovely weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Birds and the Bees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: